Opening

On Sept 7, 2014 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel with orphans and transition home residents fighting human traficing in Eastern Europe. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

If you would like to receive an e-mail when new posts are available, please submit your e-mail address below

email statement

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 2 and 3 – Together we are stronger

The last couple days we have been putting on an after school program at the transition home in Balti.  Day 2 was Good, day 3 was Great!  The team really upped its game today.  With the help of Oleg's team, we put on an exciting program for the kids that put smiles on their faces and filled the room with laughter.  It is powerful for me to see how God has assembled  such a talented group of people together to form our Mission Team.  Each person has their own way of contributing to the team and together we are much better than either of us alone.  Isn't this really what this is all about?  The hope we are sharing is that we are not alone in this world.  My beloved sent me this scripture today.  “For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone” (Romans 14:7). By ourself this world is boring, difficult, and lonely.  I know when I was at my darkest point, I couldn't get out alone.  I desperately needed the help of others to lift me up.  We are doing that here not just with the Moldovan youth, but also with each other.  I’m seeing how this mission process is forcing is to grow and to come together for and with God.  By lifting each other up we can all get a little closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment